Thursday, August 28, 2008

What to do?

So, yesterday I got a meeting maker from my current team. Today is my last day of work. And they wanted to throw me a "farewell" party. I know their hearts are in the right place, but lets think about this for a second. I was laid off. My job was taken away from me and i've been faced with the scary task of finding a new job before my severance runs out, or I may lose my home and face not being able to properly care for my child.

Yeah... lets party! woo hoo, i'm so excited.

I know I sound ungreatful, and I feel bad that I feel this way, but wouldnt' you?

3 comments:

*~*Lis*~* said...

ugh tough one - I say bring beer! what can they do to you right? hehehe

Monica said...

Maybe u could make it like a gloomy death themed party. Tell everyone fine, as long as the attire is black, theme song is like halloween spooky music, beverage is red jello shots that look like blood clots. Maybe they'll get it!

Monica said...

Sounds like the party was crapola, and accomplished nothing other than giving you a nice little tear-duct exercise. Hang in there!