Friday, August 22, 2008

Where did the Summer go?

Its been soooo long since I posted so I have alot of catching up to do. First of all, we've had a great summer, although its gone by far to fast and I didn't do nearly half as much as I'd thought I'd do. I had day dreamed about trips to the beach, long walks, hiking, etc etc. The days rush by so fast and it feels like every weekend slips through my fingers.

One highlights however was our trip up to Ossipee to go camping with my sister and her family which also included a trip to Storyland. That was a ton of fun even though it rained all weekend. My ever industrious husband was kind enough to build us a Tarp city to keep us all dry and warm. (he's a Virgo and can't sit still)

Rowan loved the whole experience because she was outside the entire time. Our campsite was also right on the water with its own small beach. There were two families of ducks that would visit sporadically for nibbles of bread. The tiny baby ducklings were still fuzzy and super adorable. Rowan was beside herself with excitement. If anyone knows Rowan, you'd know she's been obsessed with ducks since birth. I have a thing myself for rubber duckies so her baby nursery was done in yellow and blue with rubber duckies everywhere... therefore she loves them as she had no choice.

The trip to story land was ok. Rowan wasn't really into the rides much.. and she was afraid of almost everything we went near. The one thing she did love of course was the duck pond, wonder why? She also had her first shaved ice which she gobbled down at record speed.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

0 comments: