Now, for the Year in Review!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Made something crocheting other than a square… not worked for more than a maternity leave type of absence, learned to trust in God with all my heart, gone to Disney, I voted!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
ha have you see how big my butt is? Damn it… and yes that’ll be my resolution again, nothing like setting yourself up for failure
3. Did anyone close to you give birth
My sister in law had little baby Molly
4. Did anyone close to you die?
not this year
5. What places did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A job, or a financial way to stay home with my daughter
7. What day from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day I was laid off
8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Going back to church, giving my life over to God and being able to trust the plan he has for me, as opposed to the plan I have for me
9. What was your biggest failure?
gaining more weight… damn fat ass
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really.. other than minor colds etc
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Oooh hmmmm… a really good flat iron, I don’t buy much haha
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My hubs..he was so amazing supporting me through the lay off and the emotional meltdown I had afterwards. He was my rock.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My employer’s…. 5 years down the drain.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Daycare and mortgage
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Christmas… it was so fun this year… Rowan is turning into such a big girl.. sniffles
16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Intergalactic, by the beastie boys… its Ro’s fave and we listen to it daily.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, fatter and poorer… but all worth it for the happier right? Hahah
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
exercised, eaten less, more chores less fun.. I’m such a sagitarius!
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
At home, with Rowan, Boo bear and my folks.. we opened presents and then I cooked a ham supper. it was fabulous
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with the hubs often
22. What are your three favourite photos of 2008?
wow that’s a tough one. 1… the family Christmas photo I took of us, 2.. a pic of Rowan by the beach in May..she’s wearing a cute little sun hat and a pink tube top style dress that draped over her large belly perfectly… 3… a picture of Rowan on her 2nd bday.. she is bending over and curiously looking into the camera lense.
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Top Chef, America’s Next Top Model, and Whale Wars
24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
I went out to the Movies with the BFF to see Twilight
25. What was the best book you read?
Twilight of Course
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmm… Elmo’s greatest dance hits hahaha
27. What did you want and get?
a closer relationship with God…
28. What did you want and not get?
well I had this big plan for my career and how I’d work my way up… I was at the point of getting my promotion and then wham… layoffs… awesome.
29. What were your favourite three films this year?
Twilight, Super Bad (I saw it this year), and Kung Fu Panda.. what is was good?
30. Did you make some new friends this year?
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
losing a lot of weight… finding a job right away after the layoff or maybe winning powerball
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
comfy and laid back. I did my best to stay out of my pj’s all day even though I was home for ½ the year haha
33. What kept you sane?
Rowan and Barney, my parents, they’ve been very supportive
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Getting rid of bush and anything that moved towards that
35. Who did you miss?
my work friends.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
tough one.. I haven’t really met anyone… I guess I’ll go with rowan’s new teacher.. she’s a sweet heart
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
God has a plan for us, and no matter how hard you plan your own lives, it may not work out that way. Trust in Him and what he has in store for you, because only he can truly know best… follow him with all your heart.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Now, for the Year in Review!
Posted by Anabelle at 8:39 AM